Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life. She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.
Touching story... mommy almost teared when she read this. Did i rescue her as well? hmm...
- She's FULLY paper-trained. So far, no more accidents anywhere else. *phew* Except sometimes her butt aim-buay-zhun. Her four paws are on the pee-tray but her butt is sticking out. End up she poops on the floor just beside the pee-tray.
- She knows that she has to pee before i take her out of the house, especially if i'm driving her out in my car. So usually lock up in the kitchen with the baby gate. She pees, I praise, We head out of the house. :D
- This little ger is all grown up now. I think she will stay this size. Small and compact. ha~ already 10 mths old!
- She's much stronger now. She can nose her way into my room when my door is close, nt totally shut kind, she can't reach the door-knob. Thank God for that, cause so now i can sleep in my room without worrying that she's stuck outside. (She wasn't able to do that when she just came. The door was too heavy for her)
- Similarly, she knows how to claw my door. Signal me to let her in or out.
- She's quite a jumper. She jumps onto my sofa, i scold, i push her down. She run to the other side and jump up again. I scold, she grr me, i beat, i push her down. She jump again.
(@&#&*^&*!@(!@ That's my every evening routine, when the entire family is sitted to watch telly.
- She knows that leash + harness = going out. So she gets all jumpy and happy.
- She's super manja. She knows how to put her paw on the sofa, stretched out for you to sayang her. She's even manja out of the house with strangers. As long as anyone squats down, she auto-lockon-target, approaches and manjas her way to getting a pet on the head.
- She's a FOODIE. Anyone has food, she follows. -.-|||
- Her previous recorded weight was 3.9kg. I bet she has put on a lot more weight. Rather heavy to carry with one hand. Her limbs looks thicker, more stronger.
- She's super attached to me. I can't leave my home without her not crying. So every morning routine, i'll stuff the KONG with lotsa food. Throw it into the kitchen and chiong out of the door. She wont cry if she doesnt see me leaving my home. This does not apply to the rest of my family members. They can leave the home peacefully.
- My mom is a twinkle-fan. EVERYWHERE she goes, she's like "Twinkle, come, mama sayang." "Twinkle, you wan mum-mum?" :D :D
- I love the way she frap (run wildly in the house). The way she chiongs and grr her way.. We always luff when she does that. *I need to video that down next time!*
- I love her cutesy carrot-tail. *wag-wag*
- I love the way she squeezes herself into the slot of the coffee table in my living room. Ha. She can lie in there to watch telly.
- I love the way she welcomes me when i get home. No matter how late, she'll do her little welcome-dance for me.
She found it on me, just after my bath during my blow-drying session. She FREAKED OUT and thought of all the possible tick infection and infestation. Luckily that creep hasn't bit me yet so Mommy managed to pull it off my fur easily.
I think it jumped on me when Mommy brought me out for a walk on a DAMP weather. She is swearing off walking me in damp weather all because of this STUPID tick. No more playing in the drizzle.. :(
Now she's worried that i might have a tick somewhere around me. :/ I certainly hope not.. *scratch scratch*